By. Brendan Kragel
There are many reasons firefighters should wear QALO rings on the job.
1. The first reason is quite simple... safety. As firefighters we are constantly working with our hands. This means that we are at higher risk for hand and finger injuries. The injury of "degloving" is all too common in the fire service. By wearing a QALO ring the risk of this injury is significantly reduced based on the physical material it is made out of.
2. QALO rings aren't only safer for firefighters. QALO rings are significantly lighter than the alternative options for wedding bands. This provides a great increase in comfort. We spend so much time wearing gear that isn't always comfortable (helmets, heavy coats and pants, boots, thick gloves). QALO rings allow a firefighter to maintain an already limited level of dexterity in their fingers. There's no longer a need to remove our ring before rushing to an emergency.
3. Firefighters all know that sometimes it is unavoidable and all jewelry must be removed, regardless of material or comfort. The price of a QALO ring is much more affordable than your average jewelry store wedding band. So, if your QALO ring is lost or does become damaged in the course of an incident, a replacement is easy and affordable.
4. Firefighters spend most of their lives in a uniform or in firefighting gear. QALO offers a variety of color options for your ring. So, now we can attempt to stray away from the traditional ring colors and add a touch of color and creativity to our classic blue ensemble.
5. Firefighters by nature are "helpers" and "fixers". QALO supports a variety of causes. Now we can participate in that support with something as simple as a ring.
6. QALO now offers a "Thin Red Line" ring. Firefighters are always looking for ways to support their fellows brothers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. What better way than to show your commitment in your marriage and the commitment to always remembering those who have made the ultimate sacrifice? There may be none.