Rings for Arthritic Fingers: 5 Reasons to Choose Silicone Rings
The pain, stiffness and discomfort of arthritis can be downright debilitating. To make matters worse, many sufferers experience an unexpected side effect — the inability to wear jewelry. That’s because arthritis causes pain, stiffness and swelling in the fingers, which may limit your ability to wear rings and also prevent you from being able to fasten and unfasten clasps without pain.
If you have arthritis and thought rings were off the table, we’ve got a fantastic alternative. To ease the pain and discomfort, swap out your precious metal rings and wear silicone rings instead. They’re soft, pliable and comfortable, making them the perfect rings for arthritic fingers. Here are a few more reasons to choose silicone rings for arthritis.
Why Silicone Rings Are Ideal for Arthritic Fingers
1. They’re Easy to Get On and Off — Putting on and taking off your rings is one of those tasks you probably didn’t think much about until your arthritis developed. Traditional precious metal rings are stiff and rigid and they can press up against the sore, inflamed joints when you’re trying to put them on or take them off. On the other hand, silicone rings are more flexible and forgiving, eliminating some of the pressure you’re used to.
2. You Don’t Have to Take Them Off — One great thing about a silicone ring is that, once it’s on, it can stay on if you want it to. These are durable, affordable rings that you don’t have to baby. Whether you’re washing dishes, swimming, exercising or using heavy machinery, silicone rings will endure (and, in the rare event that they don’t, it isn’t a huge issue). That means less of the pain associated with maneuvering over the knuckles.
3. They’re Flexible — People who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and other forms of arthritis may experience joint deformities that change the look and shape of their hands. Naturally, this can negatively impact the way you put on and take off your rings. Flexibility is key in arthritis-friendly jewelry. You want it to be easy to move over any abnormalities but also flexible so it will move with you when you move your hands and joints, preventing the stiffness and pressure that come with typical rings.
4. They’re Easy to Clean — Did you know that constant hand-washing and daily wear can trap dirt and residue under your ring, which can trigger a condition known as wedding ring rash? This uncomfortable rash causes pain, itching and redness, but it can be prevented by routinely cleaning your ring or taking it off when washing your hands. For people living with arthritis, it isn’t always so easy to remove jewelry for cleaning. But silicone rings are designed to be easy to clean and don’t accumulate as much dirt and debris as precious metals. Coupled with the fact that they’re hypoallergenic, this means they’re much less likely to cause irritation.
5. They’re Affordable — With arthritis, it’s not uncommon to see your finger size fluctuate and change with time, especially when you’re experiencing extreme swelling. As such, many sufferers actually have multiple silicone rings in different sizes. And since they ring up (pun intended) for a tiny fraction of the cost of precious metal jewelry, it’s an affordable option. Be sure to reference our ring size chart to ensure that you get the perfect fit.
Choose QALO Silicone Rings for Comfort
Having arthritis shouldn’t change your life, especially when it comes to doing the things you love and wearing the things you love to wear. With new advancements in jewelry and brilliant new alternatives to the standard, you can return some normalcy to your routine and brighten up your style at the same time.