Philanthropy from QALO Ring on Vimeo.
The Alliance for Lupus Research
The Alliance for Lupus Research is the world's largest private funder of lupus research, committing over $106M to date. Their goal is to find more effective treatments and ultimately prevent and cure systemic lupus by supporting bio-medical research.
Lupus hits close to home for us. At QALO we strive to give back. 10% of the sales of our Purple Rings will be donated to the Alliance For Lupus Research.
Each ring you purchase helps to overcome this terrible disease.
Let's fight this together!
What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body).
How Many People are Affected?
Research estimates that at least 1.5 million Americans have lupus.
The actual number may be higher; however, there have been no large-scale studies to
show the actual number of people in the U.S. living with lupus.
• It is believed that 5 million people throughout the world have a form of lupus.
• Lupus strikes mostly women of childbearing age (15-44).
• However, men, children, and teenagers develop lupus, too.
• Women of color are 2-3 times more likely to develop lupus.
• People of all races and ethnic groups can develop lupus.
• More than 16,000 new cases of lupus are reported annually across the country.
Our information has been provided by The Lupus Foundation of America.